assignments

block printing

surrealism

composition

Why do you think composition is important in photography?

• I think composition is important in photography because it grabs the views or attention, or even tell the story behind the photograph.

What draws you in when looking at photography and art?

• For me, personally, what draw me into a photograph are the colors used or based on how aesthetically pleasing it looks at a glance.

Have you been to any museums and where? Did you get inspiration to create art while viewing the work on exhibit?

• I haven’t been to a museum but I have been to an aquarium! I absolutely loved everything about it. I did get inspiration because its not everyday that you see this animals in-person, or are able to touch them. Especially how beautiful the animals looked in the water.

elements of art

online elements of art~

my elements of art~

• What are aperture, shutter speed and ISO?

Aperture: controls the area over which light can enter your camera.

Shutter speed: controls the duration of the exposure.

ISO speed: controls the sensitivity of your camera’s sensor to a given amount of light.

• When would you need to change your ISO?

When shooting in low-light conditions

• What is aperture and shutter priority settings?

Aperture Priority (A) lets you choose the aperture (aka f-stop) setting you want, but the camera chooses the shutter speed. Shutter Priority (S) lets you choose the shutter speed you want, but the camera chooses the aperture setting.

• What are AF modes how do you change them?

Autofocus (AF) is the function of a camera to automatically focus on a subject. To select an AF mode, press the AF· Drive Button, then turn the Main Dial until the mode of your choice appears on the LCD panel on top of the camera.

• Why do your need to meter the light to get the right exposure?

Incident light metering will give you consistently correct exposure results, because it won’t be fooled by subject reflectivity.

• What is white balance and why would you need to change it?

White balance is used to adjust colors to match the color of the light source so that white objects appear white. White balance is important because, without it, colors in your images will take on warm or cool tones that you may not notice while photographing.

• What is depth of field and what is the difference between shallow and good?

Depth of field is the area of acceptable sharpness in front of and behind the subject which the lens is focused. A shallow depth of field refers to a small area in focus. A deep depth of field captures a larger area in focus, often keeping everything in the image sharp and clear.

• What are drive modes and metering modes?

Drive Modes are the shooting modes in your camera, such as single shooting (where one image is taken at a time), continuous shooting, self-timer mode and more. The metering mode refers to the way in which a camera determines exposure.

• What is exposure compensation?

Exposure compensation is a technique for adjusting the exposure indicated by a photographic exposure meter, in consideration of factors that may cause the indicated exposure to result in a less-than-optimal image.